Thursday, November 25, 2010

~~It's Thursday!~~






 Outside My Window~  It's chilly outside.  It's rained most of this afternoon.  It SNOWED!!  Yes for about 1/2 an hour it snowed before it rained!  I am not ready for winter!  I tried to take pics of the snow. . . it didn't work so well.


Around The House~  I am so stuffed.  I hurt.  Still savoring the taste of that smoked turkey.  The house was very cozy today.  I love my Christmas lights and the soft music playing in the background.

I Am Thinking~  I am amazed by God's grace and mercy.  I am thinking how thankful I am for all the things the Lord has done for me. 

Psalms 84:11  
"For the LORD God is
a sun and shield: the LORD will give GRACE and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I Am Praying~  Always for wisdom.  For peace in making decisions.  Praying for far away family.  Praying for answers to prayer.  Praying for the desires of my heart.

From The Leaning Room~  No school today or tomorrow.  Piano lessons with the new teacher are going very well.  I am thankful we don't have to drive far for them.    

I Am Wearing~  Got my p.j.s on and I am lounging in my bed with Shadow the cat.  I have my blog open and am listening to soothing piano music as I type.

I Am Creating~  Not a thing going on in the creativity department.  Got to get that Christmas letter done.  My address labels should be here any day.  I've been Christmas shopping already and am proud to say that most of my shopping is done.  A few more things for the ladies and then wrapping.  DONE!  I am thinking of doing a giveaway on my blog.  There is something special I am looking for to make a craft for my giveaway and I haven't found it yet.  More details on the giveaway at a later date.


From the Kitchen~   ?  Must we discuss food right now? Really?   Oh all right then . . . leftovers with our friends Chris and Sharon tomorrow.  If I can move around comfortably by Saturday, I may put on a pot of Split Pea Soup for Sunday afternoon and a smoked turkey soup for Saturday.  It is soup weather for sure.


I Am Enjoying~ I am enjoying the church search we started three weeks ago.   We are feeling no pressure to be in a hurry to find a new place to worship.  We've had three amazing Sunday's of great family fellowship after morning church services.  We've tried to make Sunday afternoons a time to enjoying being together.  The last two of three churches we've tried have been great.  A long drive to each one but very nice.

One Of My Favorite Things~  Contentment. 


 My guys!

 

Have a great weekend!

Thinking about all my blog friends to day.  I am thankful for each one of you!

~ ~




6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!I am searching for a church too, it does get old...ugh.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving.  We were blessed to have Susan, Tom and Matty join us.  Wow most of your shopping is done, that is fantastic.  Counting you as one of my blessings. Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mamaof2bugs - I thought you'd found one.  Yes, it is hard but you gotta do what you gotta do.  I'll be praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent a year searching for a new church home...It is hard to find the place where you fit.  And like a new pair of shoes, the fit may not be what you're used to when you're done.  After a year in our new 'home' I can say that it's been a wonderful time, but it took getting used to.  The table looked lovely for your meal.  Happy Thanksgiving and fruitful hunting in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some nice houses in your neighborhood. Someday when I have a house of my own it will be fun to decorate. Unfortunately my apartment is too small so if I put up decorations, it would make it more crowded. lol  Your weather sounds so Christmas-y. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete