Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Monday and Ramblings


~Menu Monday~

Monday~  Beef tips with gravy with brown rice, garlic green beans, fruit salad

Tuesday~  Kielbasa with barbecue sauce, hash brown casserole, fried cabbage,  maple glazed pumpkin muffins

Wednesday~ Taco's

Thursday~  Parmesan Baked Cod, Rice a Roni, Broccoli

Friday~Alfredo Roll ups, Rosemary bread, green salad

Saturday~ Tomato Soup, grilled cheese sandwiches

Sunday~  Beef Stew, buttermilk biscuits, apple crisp with ice cream

-----------------------------------------------
  • If you could have seen me this weekend . . . I am so happy for my son.  I am rejoicing that the Lord answered our prayer and gave me such clear evidence that he answered my prayer.  It just tickles me to no end!  . . ."for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."  Matthew 6:8b  . . . "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto:  For everyone that asketh recieveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."  Matthew 7:7-8
  • A different chapter will be opening in our house shortly.  I am excited about it all.  I think my manly man is hesitant and wonders where the time went.  Our children grow up too fast!
  • I think we'll be driving to Missouri to spend Christmas there.  I also think we are going to ask a certain young lady to join us there!
  • Back to the routine this week.  We have a bit of school to get through.  Last week we had off and it was not in the schedule!
  • Missions Conference at church Wednesday-Sunday not sure how much we'll attend.
  • Keep praying about wisdom.  I am not able to share what's going on with us but something needs to happen and it's not in my control.
  • Remember the cherry cranberry pie I posted the recipe on?  We tried it last Sunday with our ham dinner and it was a great recipe!  It was just tart and sweet enough.  Not too runny!
  • Have a great week dear friends!

13 comments:

  1. The entire week of dinners sounds great.  I was so glad to hear the news about your son.  PTL!  I will pray for wisdom for your family.  I will have to try that pie.  It looked good when you posted it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. changes.....you handle them MUCH BETTER than I do!! But I am learning!!Heading to Missouri in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @victoriantomboy - He should know where he is going to be stationed by now.  Have you heard anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @betheelou - Fort Benning, GA. About 4 hours from us instead of 9! Heading to jump school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live beef tips in gravy, sounds yummy! So glad things are going well for you. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for you and yours daily.  Never fear, God is amazing and always on time.  We must strive to be obedient to him and he works the rest.  Momeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like changes forsure are in store! Is a certain young lady happen to be #1 son's special friend?  Who lives in Missouri that you're spending Christmas with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @floridayankees - She will actually be living with her parents in Texas soon.  My husbands sister and grandmother are both in Missouri.  We'll stay at sisters place and invite my son's special friend to come up and 'meet the family.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Beth, how long is your tour in NJ or is it Staten Island?? I'm confused. Anyway, your menu always sound mouth watering...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Autumnlove413 - It's a four year tour.  We have about 16 months give or take left here.  My husband is JTTF New York.We are all happy here as Aaron was accepted to join the enlisted ranks of the Coast Guard and will head to basic training sometime early 2011.Did you have that baby?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're so excited for Aaron and this new journey!  We look forward to hearing about his adventure.  What does he want to do?  Maybe he'll have training out here in Petal.  Praying you'll come out here, we really do enjoy it here.Missing you lately!!  Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emilia was born 9-20, she's a month old already.  I hope it goes by faster, because I'm soooo tired....sleep deprivation.  Congrats to Aaron, welcome to the coast guard family! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look Beth I am writing on your blog!  WooHoo!!  Love ya,Cari

    ReplyDelete