Thursday, November 11, 2010

~~It's Thursday!~~

 


Outside My Window~  Not a bad day.  Happy Veterans Day!  I am enjoying the day off with my veteran. . .  he is off work today for the holiday.



Around The House~   #2 son made all our beds this morning.

He brought in all his pillows and babies and his fuzzy cuddle blanket.
His bed looks empty.

(brothers bed is all made with babies too!)

I Am Praying~  Praying for wisdom as always. Praying about the church search we started last week.  I know there is no such thing as a perfect church.  We'll be trying to find something for the time we have remaining here.  We are at peace that we made the correct decision to leave. 

Jeremiah 29:13   "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with your whole heart."

Matthew 19:26  "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

John 12:26  "If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there also shall my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

From The Leaning Room~
  Review of time, compound words, root words.  ((Wow. . . is this first grade?))

I Am Wearing~  Jeans, a long sleeved red tee, my tennis shoes and my hair is in a pony tail.

I Am Creating~  Nothing in the creating department this week.  I need to get a rough draft completed for our annual Christmas letter, get the pictures ordered and order address labels.



  From the Kitchen~  I made a fresh fruit platter and egg sandwiches for breakfast.  We went out for Chinese food at lunch time.  My men have declared NO DINNER tonight after eating a late lunch.  Bachelors coming tomorrow.  My manly man wants pizza.  Saturday?  Sunday is Soupa Tuscana with homemade bread.

I Am Enjoying~  My date with my two guys at the mall.  We walked through Sears and a few other stores.  The whole purpose of the trip was to check out the $19.99 St. John's Bay corduroy pants  JC Penny had for both men and women.  We got two pair for my manly man in navy and brown.

(at the mall enjoying Christmas decorations)

One Of My Favorite Things~  Dates at home!  We got school work done yesterday by 10:30 a.m.   We ran to the store really quick and spent the rest of the day having a pajama date on my bed.  We watched several movies.  We enjoyed Hot and Sour soup, cracker and cheese and sparkling cider.  It was so much fun!

 



My handsome date and his fuzzy pal!


We watched the PBS Masterpiece theater version of Hercule Poirot  One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

book cover of   One, Two, Buckle My Shoe   (An Overdose of Death / The Patriotic Murders)    (Hercule Poirot, book 22)  by  Agatha Christie

I Am Sharing~  Not much in the sharing department this week.  Have a great weekend Friends!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss those day dates on the bed with my boys. We used to do that a lot. If they were all home, we would probably do it again, I'm sure. We always loved to cuddle up and all watch Phantom of the Opera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving a church is so hard. Last year we left ours after 15 years of attending....it wasn't easy, but we knew it was what God was leading us to do. Love your date on your bed! What fun, and such good memories! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet memories. Love the fall colors and your little date is quite the cutie. Love that you call your hubs manly man. Mine is too! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I like your header!  Was that all freehand?  Did you just scan it into your computer?  Cute!I do hope you find a church SOON!  I sometimes imagine how great it would be to be serving together in the SAME church.  I'll keep a seat warm for you here, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @onehappymomma - There is a job or two open in Bellingham , one in Seattle, one in Portland.  We were in the same church once, many moons ago!Yes my header is free hand.  I just looked at a few pictures and drew.  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Elizabethmarie_1 - It was a very hard decision even though we've only been going two years.  Churches (independant Baptist) are hard to find around here too!  Keep praying!  I appreciate all the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilia does look like Autumn when she's a baby; however her temperment isn't. Emilia is a lot easier to deal with than with Autumn. Autumn was high maintenance. .  I love the cartoon drawing on your header...someone an artist in the family?  I can definitely relate to finding a church. In cali here, we went to about five churches that claims to be independant baptist, but were using NKJ bibles.  We found one but it is 30 minutes away, but we don't mind -- 30 minutes is better than five minutes to a misguided church.

    ReplyDelete