Friday, June 19, 2009

My Day, My Plans

 three-pink-roses

For Today...

Outside my window...
darkness approaches...hey the fireflies appeared Sunday night.  I've been looking forward to them.  They are so unique and different!

I am thinking... about friends and family and had this verse running through my head all day~

   "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. "  Jeremiah 29:11

From the learning rooms... letter P and number 10, some review of past letters and numbers.

I am thankful for... contentment

From the kitchen... tonight we feasted on homemade fried rice, egg rolls and wantons.  Yummy!  Tomorrow I am preparing to have those great steak burritos we loved so much last time.

blog XII 061

I am wearing...jeans, short sleeve navy tee, bare feet with newly painted toes...

I am reading... A silly, silly, silly christian "romance"  It is so silly I may not read it at all and find another book to read.  It reads too much like a harlequin romance novel, not that I know such things...

I am hoping... we have a great, safe time on a few days away from home.  Yes, we are driving to New Hampshire to trade auto parts for my husbands Toyota project.  We are taking #2 son and the dog along.  #1 son will stay close to our church to help prepare for youth conference we are hosting Thursday and Friday.  We're leaving Sunday after the morning service, and coming home Tuesday afternoon.  I'll be sure to take pictures.

june blog 030

june blog 051

 

I am creating... I am getting things organized for a ladies tea I am hosting July 11th at church.  Hospital-i-TEA, to be exact.  My devotion is pretty much done.  I am ironing out some wrinkles in a Miss Manners quiz.  I found two doorprizes at the flea market this week.  I need to find a couple burgundy table cloths at the thrift store and but or borrow another tea pot.

blog X '09 002

 

I am praying... for wisdom, for answers to prayer, for my witness to others, for my love for my husband, for my children...and so much more!

pink-bow

Around the house... It should be getting quieter.  I smell a cinnamon air freshener and hear the dehumidifier running across the room.

One of my favorite things... Music like what my Dad used to listen to.  Golden Oldies.  I wish we had a radio station for them around here.  I haven't found one yet that has what I want.

bees-flowers

A few plans for the rest of the week... well I am all packed already, my church clothes are already pressed, #2 son's clothes are packed and his church clothes are ready.  I need to pack some cd music for our trip.  I gave up packing for my manly man, he thought the outfit I picked for church was too casual.  I gave up on him!  Have to make sure the house is clean before I leave.

Here is a picture I am sharing with you...

BerrypickenAug06 014

((there are some things about Alaska that I miss--that is a salmonberry, it made great jam! (that is my hand holding the berry..))

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, please take pictures of your trip.  I miss and love New England--what part of New Hampshire are you going?I'm drooling over your dinner...yummy!!   I requested some pancit from some of the Philapino (sp?) ladies at church.  They love to cook.You didn't post a picture of your pretty painted toes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hospitali-TEA?! That sounds like such a fun/creative thing to do!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hear you are a FABULOUS hostess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea looks like a lot of fun. That is a testimony in itself that you are thankful for contentment. I am praying for and striving for contentment but it is learned and a gift from God. It is of this world to constantly want more or different than what we have. Thank you for that simple reminder. Have a blessed week end and trip next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jessnboyz - Wa are going to Sullivan, NH I guess it is in the mountains.  We are driving up though New York,Vermont New Hampshire and going back through, Massachusettesthen New York through the Catskills.  It should be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hospitali-TEA; that sound like surch fun.  Very creative too!  Have a great time on your little trip.  The mountains are gorgeous this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @betheelou - Ooooh, you're going to see so many beautiful places!!!!!  If you happen to pass  the Vermon Country store that is a place worth stopping.  Very cute old timey store and you can sample cheeses, too!   I'll be praying for your trip.  Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss free salmonberry from AK too. We use to make Jams during the winter and send it to friends and family in the lower 48.  Your upcoming tea party sounds fun, I have a tea set but never get a chance to use it.  I wonder why I even have them?

    ReplyDelete