Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick Update

 

Hello Friends,

Just wanted to make a quick post with an update on us.  We had a busy week last week with all the goings on with our church youth conference.  I am guessing we had over 6 different churches represented and about 360+ folks in attendance.  We were bursting at the seams!  The preaching was great and the children were wonderful as well.

june blog 161

((Yep blurry...))

june blog 163

I've made a meal for someone who had surgery and delivered it on Saturday.((beef tips with egg noodles, green beans, fruit salad and rocky road brownies.))  I am doing another meal for someone else today.((Hawaiian chicken, rice pilaf, broccoli and chocolate Sunday cake)) There sure have been lots of surgeries at church the last few days! 

Things should slow down a bit this week.  #1 son takes his drivers licence exam at 10:00 a.m. Thursday.  If your remember, please pray that he passes the test!  We'd love for him to have a bit more independence!  We're dog-sitting this weekend.  Can't wait to post pictures.  I guess it is a pretty big dog, 80 pounds of Chocolate lab.  I hear she likes to play, Banjo should have great fun!  My manly man is off work until Saturday, trying to burn up some time off before he looses days come October 1st!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MENU MONDAY

Monday-  Waffles, link sausages, eggs to order, hashbrowns

Tuesday-  Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, veggie

Wednesday- Clam Chowder, Sourdough rolls, green salad

Thursday-  General Tso Chicken, Rice, stir fried green beans

Friday-  Fish and chips, corn salad

Saturday-  hotdogs, baked beans, oriental cabbage salad

Sunday-  undecided

Have a great week friends!

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow 360+ in attendence?  How big is your church?   Meals you made for people who  had surgery sound delicious.  Our meals have changed so much since Will was diagnosed with celiac's.  I miss pasta and breads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @oldfatgramma - Our weekly bulletin says 210 come to Sunday morning service.  Only about 90 or so make it back to evening service.  I am not sure but I think the sanctuary will hold about 280 comfortably.  We had chairs in the pathways and an overflow room set up with closed circuit tv in the fellowship hall.  We rented a huge tent, tables and chairs and had it assembled on the lawn so we fed all of them outside.  That helped a lot!I'd miss pasta and bread too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @betheelou - About the same as ours then.  Bulletin said 221 in attendence last week.  Oh, the tent and tables and chairs must have helped tremendously! They do make a gluten free pasta but it tastes rubbery and even making the bread and biscuits here they tend to come out like rocks.  Will says the store bought wheat free bread tastes like cardboard.  I don't even want to try it 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good to hear from you.  Looks like you had a great turnout at your youth conference!!!  Were there any decisions made?Enjoy the week with your hubby.  I'll be praying for your son and his big driving test. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jessnboyz - About 21 surrendered to full time service.  2 (I think) for salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord for open hearts and transformed spirits! Praying that it touched even more than y'all realize and the bounty continues to pour in!  Rocky road brownies? OH YUM! Wouldn't happen to have a recipe, would ya!?! That sounds delish!Praying that your dog-sitting goes wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've had a busy week Beth!  Do you have a good stir fry recipe that you like?  I've never followed a recipe and I'd like to try something different. I just use lots of garlic, salt, pepper, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, carrots, red or orange bell pepper (basically whatever vegetables I have on hand) and chicken stock and liquid aminos.  I use Liquid Aminos instead of Soy Sauce because it's healthier and it tastes the same. I made your crock pot potato soup with smoked sausage and dill weed and it was really good. I chopped my potatoes a little too big, so I just scooped them out and semi mashed them with a fork and put them back in and then it was nice and creamy and I loved it.  I have to admit at first I wasn't sure about the dill weed, but by the second bowl it really grew on me and now I can't wait to make it again.  I think it would be really good with a spicy sausage.I will pray for Aaron to pass his drivers test.....that's such an important thing for teenagers.....to be able to feel more independent! I'm sure he's excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for Aaron this week, I have heard NJ is the least friendly state as far as driver's licensing. :(   Sounds like you had a great youth conference!!!   We had a great time at Narrow Way Bible Camp, year 2 recently. One young man, named Hummal (Samoan) received Jesus as his Savior! I will send you a few video snippets. We don't film the preaching messages but we have some great singing, games, and contests. Brother Ed and family left for AR this week, as well as another family group. We will miss them a lot, as we do you and LT's family.   Bro Wes is out at Larsen Bay for a few days; he and Pastor are taking turns traveling down there to bring the Word to the believers there.      Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning! It's been quite awhile since I visited...in the meantime a niece had her fourth little boy!!! I always take baby meals for our nieces and nephews and after reading your menus for the families you blessed, I'd better think about my choices again!! :)     Did son #1 pass his test....I'm came on here too late to pray!

    ReplyDelete