Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 15

  Yesterday and today were day 14 and 15 of our trip.  We spent the time with my husbands sister and her family.  We went to Watkins Lake yesterday, had  a picnic and went swimming with all the children (8 including mine.)  We went to a neat restaurant this morning for breakfast.  I bought a souvenir tee shirt. (I'll take a picture tomorrow if it.)  This afternoon we drove to Sedalia, Missouri to visit with my husbands grandma and her husband.  She tells me she is 87, can it be?  She is still pretty sharp.  I enjoy being around her.  I wish we could spend more time with all the family.  It has been about 4 years since we have spent time with them all.  My children really love seeing their cousins.

AlCan11 006

"Great" Grandma and some of her great grandchildren

AlCan11 013

Grandma and grandchildren

AlCan11 017

Fellowship around the meal table.

AlCan11 020

Tomorrow will be day 16.  We are planning on driving about 310 miles, following interstate 70 East.  I think we will be in Terre Haute, Indianna tomorrow night.  Tonight we went for a quick swim before coming back to our room.  I'll also try to post s a picture of a farm.  They have some beautiful farms with rock barns or red barns and old farmhouses that I love.  They are especially pretty against the green of the pastures or fields of corn.  Ahhh!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family. Now we know where Stacey gets his handsome features! God bless you all and have a continued safe trip.

    ReplyDelete