Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 9

 

Hard to believe we have been on the road for over a week now.  Yesterday we got about 23 miles per gallon.  Today's drive was an easy day, about 290 miles.  Our hotel tonight has a great pool, heated to a perfect temperature.  We are right next to a Perkins restaurant.  I have been craving chicken fried steak, so I gave in to my craving.  My manly man and I shared a piece of strawberry pie and the boys shared a strawberry malt.

AlCan7 002

 

The scenery today was spectacular, this morning was still rolling farm country.  Our Canada/US border crossing was no trouble at all.  Shortly after noon we got into the mountains.  The drive into Helena, Montana was great.  It is warm here, but not uncomfortable.  I liked seeing all the little small towns dotted here and there in the middle of cowboy/farm country.  We knew we were in small town USA when we stopped in a small town to us the facilities at a grocery store.  A lady pulled  in next to us and left her car running.  She was greeted at the door by a grandpa type guy with a cowboy hat.  When she returned to car, she tucked  her small dollar bills (change?) into the passenger side sun visor of her car.  I smiled at her when she caught me staring.

 

AlCan7 003

My manly man fell in love with this river scenery.  This is the Missouri river.  It was just lazily streaming to the next bend.  We saw many people out with small boats enjoying the scenery God gave them.  Manly man said he wished he had a vacation home here to spend the summers and a winter place in San Diego.

Tomorrow we are headed to Wyoming.  I can't remember where we are stopping for the night.  It will be a longer driving day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I've really truly enjoyed reading your daily entries this past week.  It's really cool to be able to travel along with you.  Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and things.  Mom was here over the weekend, went home yesterday.  We had a good visit but I didn't have much time to blog or anything.  Maybe later this week.  Take care sweet sister!!

    ReplyDelete