Friday, July 18, 2008

I Forgot My Camera

 I spent a very busy day with my man.  We slept in and then decided I would go with him to where the bosses work to meet and greet and see about getting paperwork started.  I did not want to go as the heat here was going to be awful today. ( 98 degrees in Manhattan today.  I spotted one area that said 100 degrees on our way back to the hotel.)  But I went with him and had a wonderful time on a "date"  We drove over to Staten Island to take a ferry over to Manhattan.  We paid an $8.00 toll to go to the island and $7.00 to park by the ferry terminal.  The ferry was free.  After checking in with one of the new bosses, we walked about 1/2 mile or so to eat a place that was recommended to us.  We lunched at a small chinese restaurant across the street from where the world trade centers were.  The scenery was fantastic.  The tall buildings on either side, famous Wall street, Statue of Liberty, two lighthouses in the harbor.  I saw so many 'pictures' and realized on the ferry that I left the camera in the hotel room.

With house hunting news, one of the properties that I adored in pictures, does not take pets.  AHHH, big sigh...  We have address for two more in the Stamford, CT area.  We may drive up there tomorrow to pass by them, and have a picnic lunch.  I am going to call another agent tomorrow.  We did get groceries for the week and bypassed the papers.  I still need to get a paper. 

More Later~

No comments:

Post a Comment