Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 16

 

 

No, I did not take these pictures.  We hardly stopped at all today.  We are getting past the point of enjoying the pretty scenery.  For a week we have been thinking about ways of shaving some days from our drive.  I worked on my travel plan yesterday and we are shaving about 2 1/2 hours off the drive on Thursday.  We'll arrive in New Jersey around 6 or 7 p.m. on Thursday instead of Friday.   Anyway... these barns and scenery represent what I have been looking at for the past few days.  I love farms and all the warm fuzzy feelings I get when I think about them.  I love thier smells, the gardens the acreage, the animals, the farmhouse, the outbuildings and all things associated with farms.

Tonight we have stopped in Terre Haute, Indiana.  We traveled over 300 miles today.  It is about 88 degrees and that temperature seemed to follow us all day.  Gas milage is about 23 miles to the gallon.  The cheapest we have seen gas was in Colorado and Missouri,  it was $3.89 a gallon at its lowest.  We stopped to eat at a truck stop for a late lunch and had a buffet.  I think tomorrow the plan is to drive as far as Wheeling, Ohio and press through Pennsylvania on Thursday, arriving in Woodbridge, New Jersey late Thursday evening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment