Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Thursday!

 

Today is Thursday
 
Outside my window:  A beautiful sunny morning
 
I am thinking:  I need to go to Target to purchase a new coffee grinder.  Mine refused to start this morning.  I drank hot tea instead.  I miss my morning cup of freshly ground, freshly percolated coffee! 
 
From the learning rooms: Number 8 and letter M
 
I am thankful for: (Do I say this everytime?)  I am thankful God meets all our needs, seriously, we can't ask for more.  We are healthy, we are not in debt, we have 2 savings accounts that continue to grow each month, my husband works hard so I may stay at home,  I am blessed!.
 
From the kitchen:  I am going to create a Halibut salad and put it in cooked giant shell pasta noodles.  (This creation is NOT on the menu!!)  It is supposed to be about 80 degrees today and this meal will not heat up the kitchen.

I am reading:  Four on the Floor, a mystery involving antique cars and antique shopping.
 
I am hoping:  That my manly man can take some time off soon.  I'd love to go camping.  I'm afraid camping in New Jersey would be serious combat camping. 
 
I am hearing: morning traffic and a thoughtful student humming through a page of 8's

Around the house: Company's coming tomorrow instead of Saturday.  Will do some precooking in the morning so I'll be ready for out hot dog feast by the firepit!
 
One of my favorite things:  Sitting outside with a book and a cool drink, listening to the windchimes and all the wonderful songbirds that are here in the northeast.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Company tomorrow night.  Saturday, manly man is working in the city,  I'll use that day to make biscuits, gravy and Rhubarb pie for our company on Sunday.
 
A picture thought I am sharing:  One of the most beautiful babies in the world!  Mine!!  He was almost 1 in this picture.  January 2004.
 
scan0007
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet baby!!!  He's such a cutie--I love his little chubby cheeks.  Halibut salad sounds yummy!  I hope it turns out good.Hey, how did you make your spaghetti salad?  I remember it being so good and super easy to make. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful sunny day here too! :) I also love sitting out on the back porch with a cool drink....awwww nothing better! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like  a baby with chubby cheeks.  Too cute.   OK, I will bite, what is halibut salad?  We had to come in from being outside as it is 90 here, too hot for an old fat gramma and a red faced 3 yr. old.  SO glad we have central air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jessnboyz - Cooked spaghetti, diced avacado, sliced olives, chopped green onion, chopped tomato (or cherry tomato, whole) and Zesty Italian Dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @oldfatgramma - I invented this recipe.  My friend from Alaska sent me some fish he canned.  I had one can left, a can of Halibut.  I drained it and made it into a salad like tuna salad, or chicken salad.  I will stuff it into some big pasta, shaped like sea shells.  It tastes just like tuna salad, I just took a taste...Yumm. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having a busy weekend...enjoy the fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He IS beautiful Beth.  What a cute picture!  Your spaghetti salad sounds interesting....all ingredients I love. BTW, thanks for your comment and your prayers, I do appreciate it.  Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should head to the Poconos to go camping. It is beautiful, cooler and it won't get busy for another few weeks. BTW we will be there June 15-20 so I hope you will be around so we can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute photo; we sure miss our little cheerful giver at LBC. We have a gale today from the NE; so no fishing in the bay for a few days.Love from LBCKodiak, AK

    ReplyDelete