Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday

 

It's Thursday!
 
Outside my window:  It is starting to rain.  Outside has that nice, just clean smell that comes from a fresh rain.
 
I am thinking:  I'm praying my manly man has a good day today, it is his 41st birthday.  Tomorrow he should be home from school.  I am planning on grilling chicken breasts, asparagus and baby red potatoes for a birthday dinner for him.  Tomorrow morning we will  make a German Chocolate cake for him.
 
From the learning rooms: Letter L and number 8, same and different.
 
I am thankful for: My needs are met.
 
From the kitchen:  Our last junkie meal before Dad comes home, possibly pizza.  Last night we grilled steak in celebration of #1 son's term ending at college!

I am reading:  A christian mystery with recipes included!  Only got two chapters into it last night.
 
I am hoping:  That time goes by quickly... That God will answer so many prayers!
 
I am hearing: Soothing music playing on the stereo and a thinking, groaning scholar in the learning room.

Around the house: I cleaned yesterday, in anticipation of the manly man returning.  Everything is beautifully clean in my home.
 
One of my favorite things:  I am thouroly enjoying sitting on my covered patio looking at my growing garden and flower beds.  I am enjoying it several times a day!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: We are going to go to get manly man a birthday present in a little while...I am also going to replace those two hummingbird feeders I bought that I thought we're pretty.  Turns out they don't work.  They are leaking all over and mold is growing in the sucking tube and I can't remove it. 
 
A picture thought I am sharing:  Only in homeschool can a student come to the classroom in their nightshirt!!  I love it!!
 

May '09 040

May '09 041

Priceless!

 

6 comments:

  1. Wanna hear a funny story?  When I homeschooled Josh (he is homeschooling his own kids now) he always dressed up for school.  Like dress shirt and tie.  I was one in the nightshirt 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, happy birthday to your man!  Hope he has a great day and enjoys his special dinner tomorrow.  Has he enjoyed his classes?I love the jammies!!  He He

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love/hate those days in jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo good at describing things...I enjoyed reading this! You're using the senses God has given us to explain your thoughts! Last year my Mother wanted to bless her daughters and granddaughters with a tea. I'd like to post those pictures sometime as that is the only way I knew to describe this wonderful time - through the eye, ear, smell of food, taste, and touch of the loved ones around me! Wanted to tell you we have men we love whose birthdays are pretty close in date..... Nevin's is May 17th but not close in years! My dear husband will be 60!!! We just do not know where in the world these years have gone!!

    ReplyDelete