Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Truth Revealed

 

Thank You to all of you who participated in my truth or lie challenge.

Here are all the correct TRUTHS!

1.  I once had a job where I worked for room and board.

3.  I have never been cited for a 'moving violation' or a 'parking violation.'

4.  I have had an unusual piercing.

6.  I once won an award for displaying good conduct.

8.  I have always been a bit rebellious.

 

No one got the answers totally correct!  You were all very close.  Most of you were just one answer off.

THE TRUTHS!

#1 answer~  This was my first job after leaving home and moving 400 miles away from my family.  It wasn't the best job in the world and I didn't learn that until I had worked there about 5 months.

#3 answer~  This is very true.  I haven't been pulled over since I was 17.  I was speeding, it was someone else's car and had a broken speedometer.  I was sent home with a verbal warning.  I have however had two minor accidents while we lived in San Diego and yes, they were my fault!  The police were never involved.

#4 answer~  This came about when I was displaying the #8 answer.  I was being weird and decided to get a asymmetrical haircut and pierce the top part of my ear.  (What the top part of your ear you say, that is NOT unusual, everyone does it!! Back then, everyone did not pierce their ears on the outer cartilage edge.  Back then, boys were just starting to pierce their ears and girls getting more daring, putting more than one hole in their ears.  Stoner's or weirdo's were the ones with strange ear piercings.)

front-back-short-asymmetrical-haircut-

(This is not me...my haircut was similar to this one...)

my #2 son was kind enough to help me demonstrate where my earring was...

May '09 027

#6 answer~  I earned a Citizenship Award my graduating year in high school.

I don't remember everything they said about me when they presented the award.  ((My husband said it was because I was such a teachers pet and had all the teachers fooled!))  This may give you an idea of what the award was for~

Citizenship - The student must be regarded as dependable, and demonstrate respect for people, property, and the law.

Attitude - The student is courteous, helpful and caring in his or her relationships with other students and adults.

Academics - The student continually strives to the limits of his or her abilities, both in the classroom and in the home, to achieve those personal, academic goals which his or her teachers believe are within reach of the student. (This in no way implies that the candidate must be academically superior.)

Service - The student readily and unselfishly helps others at home, at school and in the community to a degree that is judged exceptional for a young person of the candidate’s age.

Leadership - The student demonstrates an ability to work with and motivate others, has sound values, good judgment, a sense of fairness, and has earned the respect of his or her peers.

Sportsmanship - The student demonstrates an earnest attempt to do his or her best during athletic competitions, shows a respect for the rules of that competition, and in terms of priorities, places the success of the team above a need for personal advancement. (This criteria does not imply that the student must be an outstanding athlete.)

#8 answer~  Yes I am admitting my sin,  I am a bit rebellious.  I still tend to color outside the lines and question 'why?' and think differently than I should.

THE LIES!!

I have a small tatoo. ((Are you kidding me...did anyone answer that I did?))

I am an expert knitter.  (I can't knit a stitch.  Don't know if I want to try.  I can however, sew most anything I set my mind on.)

I have severe Arachnophobia reactions that make me sweat and feel faint. (Hand me a piece of paper towel, I'll get them for you!)

I have collected ALL of Barry Manilow's recordings! (I love Barry Manilow...I don't have ANY of his music though)

I have a concealed weapons permit.  ((My husband would love it if I did, I'm sure.))

Thanks again for your participation!!  I had FUN!!

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so disappointed I didn't get them all right.  But I was only off by one because I didn't count your ear piercing as strange.  I remember it but I guess because times have changed so much I didn't think it was a weird place.  Oh well.  You still love me right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So no one got it right!  This was fun...I was a little off.  How funny about your gun permit.  I had asked Tim if he thought that you had a concealed gun permit and he laughed.My wonderful husband wanted to see how your hubby's class is going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jessnboyz - I thought my man would come home... he stayed the weekend there so he could finish the homework he had.  Besides the homework, he hasn't said much.  He did say he met your husbands co-worker.  Turns out my man knew him from 20 years ago when they were on the same ship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that was a trick question about the unusual piercing........I thought you meant today's idea of unusual!  Anyway, I guess I don't know you as well as I thought.  Thanks for the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete