Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Weekend

 

May '09 013

May '09 001

((My Dates...))

It was weddings and packing for us this weekend.  Our Saturday was spent in this way~  Manly man ran in to the city to get some uniform items he needed for school this week.  I spent part of the day doing spa treatments for myself.  You know, haircolor, manicure, pedicure, hairstyle and make up for my big afternoon on the town with my guys.  We attend a wedding in the late afternoon, followed with a dinner reception about 30 miles away.

May '09 008

((The Bride and her brother.))

May '09 002

We had a great time.  We witnessed a Catholic wedding for the first time. From start to finish, the ceremony, took one hour... but the vows between husband and wife only took about 20 seconds!.  My husband and I were thankful we were married the old fashioned, Baptist way and remembered our wedding as being SHORT and SWEET! 

May '09 004

May '09 014

((First dance of the bride and groom))

May '09 018

((Momma's first dance with #2 son!))

May '09 019

((Momma's first dance with #1 son))

The dinner reception in the evening was very grand.  We enjoyed a fantastic appetizer course while dancing, toasts and speeches were taking place.    By the time dinner was served it was getting late and we had church to prepare for and SOMEONE had a suitcase to pack.  So shortly after eating our dinner, (it was chicken, salmon, roast beef and turkey with roasted red potatoes and green beans...) we left.  We missed the cake cutting!

May '09 021

((Wow...a dance with my manly man...  what a hunk!))

 

 

6 comments:

  1.  Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.  I know what you mean about a Catholic wedding.   

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful!!!!  What a fabulous evening.  You boys looks very handsome, too!So, he waited until the last minute to pack again .  Ha Ha  I hope he enjoys his school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jessnboyz - Packing at the very last minute.  We got home from morning church service and he was still packing.  In fact he was wating for the dryer to finish so he would have socks.  I remember asking him 2 weeks ago about having uniform stuff ready.  He said he had it all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! it looks like you all had a great weekend. I LOVED the pictures of the dancing. :) Glad you shared with us. And might I add, the "home spa treatments" did you good! You look gorgeous! Just glowing (in a NON pregnant glowing way of course! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just smile and sigh when I look at your handsome men.  My brother-in-law is a perfect completetion to my beautiful sister, my grown-up nephew has turned into a very handsome gentleman, and my six-year old nephew is an adorable sweet little man.  I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete